Heritage Milton is an advisory committee of Milton Council that provides advice and assistance to Council, Town staff and private property owners on matters relating to the conservation of the community's historic buildings and architectural heritage.
Heritage Milton is made up of private citizens and elected representatives who, with the help of Town staff act as volunteers to:
- Review and make recommendations on development applications which affect heritage properties
- Review demolition notifications
- Review site plan applications for development within the Town's downtown Character Area
- Make recommendations regarding the heritage significance of properties
- Promote heritage conservation and provide information about rehabilitation and restoration techniques
- Provide educational historical information to owners researching the history of their properties
- Maintain an inventory of historic properties and features
Heritage Milton meets once per month; there are generally no meetings in July and August.
Information about Heritage Properties