Be Ready for Winter Weather
The Town provides winter maintenance to more than 1,400 lane km of Regional and Town roads (taking both sides of roadways into account) and more than 119 km of designated walkways and sidewalks.
Allow the Plow!
We all want our street cleared of snow quickly, but nothing slows down the work of snow plows more than cars parked on the street.
- 3-hour parking unless otherwise posted.
- Cars must be off the road during snow plowing (3-hour parking limit does not apply).
- Cars impeding snow plowing can be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense.
- Keeping your car off the street will speed up snow removal.
- Important Notice: During snow clearing operations the Town has the right to refuse granting parking considerations.
If your street has not been cleared within 24 hours after a storm has ended, please call the Snow Control office:
Phone:905-878-7252 ext 2500
How Can You Help?
- Keep your cars off the road during snow clearing;
- Obey the maximum 3-hour parking by-law at all times (Parking By-Law #1984-1); and
- Shovel snow onto lawns and not on the road when clearing driveways and sidewalks (Obstruct Highways By-Law 115-2005).
- Avoid parking vehicles on sidewalks. (Parking By-law #1984-1).
- Decorative items that touch sidewalks and curbs should be flush with the ground and 300 mm (12") from the edge of the curb or sidewalk. This helps reduce the chance of damage to property, snow removal equipment and injury to operators. We are not responsible for damage to decorative items in the road allowance.
- Damage to Town-owned trees, sod and pavement will be repaired in the spring.