Want to Play Ball?
Join as a team or on your own! All games are officiated by the Ontario Basketball Association Officials.
Each team will play one 50-minute running time game each week with a 1-minute half time. Game time will be by a league convener. If you have any questions, please contact us as noted on the left of this page.
Milton Adult Recreational Basketball League Schedule and Standings
| Registration Details
Register two weeks before the league start in order to ensure your spot on a team:
- Register as a team: Designate a team captain. The Team Captain will register and pay on behalf of the team members. Roster and waivers must be submitted before the league start date. Please wear a team jersey with a number on the back for all games.
- Register as an individual: Register as a free agent and the league convener will place you on a team before the season starts.
- Resident: $210.00 per individual per season (15 weeks)
- Non-resident: $231.00 per individual per season (15 weeks)
- Resident: $1,680 per team per season (15 weeks)
- Non-resident: $1,848 per team per season
Register online (registration opens on August 16 for residents and August 18 for non-residents)
|Fall - Winter 2016 - 2017 Details
Men 18+ years:
- Time: Tuesdays, 8:45 pm - 10:45 pm, Milton Sports Centre
- Starts: January 31, 2017
- Ends: May 16, 2017
- Duration: 15 weeks; 12 weeks regular season followed by 3 weeks of playoffs.
Men 30+ years:
- Time: Wednesdays, 8:15 pm - 10:15 pm Milton Leisure Centre
- Starts: February 8, 2017
- Ends: May 24, 2017
- Duration: 15 Weeks; 12 weeks regular season followed by 3 weeks of playoffs.
- Spectators must remain in the designated spectator area. League staff reserves the right to remove non- playing spectators from the Gymnasium/ Facility at any time. No children will be allowed in the playing area.
- Each player on the team must be represented on the game sheet. All players must sign-in before the start of each game.
- All games are officiated by Town of Milton Program Staff. Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated under any circumstances, and will result in your removal from the program.
- Officials have final decision in all matters
League Specific Rules:
- All teams will play a 50 minute games per week with 1 minute half- time
- Games will consist of two 25 minutes running time halves. The final minute of the game will be played stopped time if the difference of score is 6 or under at the one minute mark.
- If the game still remains tied, teams will alternate free throws (different player each time) until one team makes the shot and the other team misses.
- Teams are allowed 1 Time-Out of 30 seconds per half. If a game goes to overtime play, teams will receive 1 timeout each. Time outs from regulation play cannot be carried over.
- Final Weeks of session will be used for championship or consolation playoffs
- FIBA rules in effect unless otherwise stated
- For Technical Fouls, opposing team will be awarded 1 free throw and possession.
- For Unsportsmanlike Fouls, opposing team will be awarded 1 free throw and possession at half
- All players must complete the registration process prior to participation in the league. Players who are not registered for the league are not able to play. Games played with ineligible players will result in a forfeit.
- New players may register for teams up until half way through the regular season.
- Injured players may be replaced at the League Convener's discretion but must be removed from the roster
- Players must have a clear number on the back of their jerseys.
- All teams must start the game with a minimum of 5 players
- If a team is unable to field a 5th player after 10 minutes of game play, this will result in an immediate forfeit
- Teams may only substitute at stoppage of play
- Players receiving more than 3 personal technical fouls in any Town of Milton Basketball League will receive a minimum of one game suspension
The use of excessive violence or foul language could result in suspension from Town of Milton Basketball Leagues. Any assault to game officials or Town of Milton staff will result in immediate removal from all Town of Milton programs.
If you have questions about sports leagues with the Town of Milton, please contact us as noted on the left of this page.