Zoning By-law

The Zoning By-law sets out the land uses permitted in each zone. It also regulates building location, size and height as well as parking and landscaped areas.

Certificate of Occupancy

All non-residential uses and some residential uses in Milton need to get a Certificate of Occupancy before opening for business.

Committee of Adjustment and Consent

This Committee of Adjustment and Consent (COA) considers applications for minor variances from the Zoning By-law and certain applications for land division (severance).

Minor Variance To obtain a minor variance or receive permission, an application needs to be submitted.
By-law Enforcement Municipal by-law enforcement officers investigate concerns such as property standards issues,  fences, portable signs and other by-law matters.