News Release

The Downtown Milton Street Festival presented by ROCKWOOL, previously scheduled for Saturday, June 6, is officially cancelled to protect the health and safety of the community during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

The event’s cancellation follows the Provincial State of Emergency Order that currently prohibits public events and the gathering of five or more people, and it aligns with Town of Milton’s and Region of Halton’s State of Emergency.

 “The Downtown Milton Street Festival is one of Milton’s most anticipated annual events,” said Milton Mayor Gord Krantz. “While it is disappointing to cancel the event, we must follow the advice of public health officials and put the well-being of our community first.”

“Our local shops, restaurants and services look forward to the event each year to showcase everything that makes Downtown Milton such a great place to eat, shop and play,” said BIA Executive Director Cheryl Ciccarelli. “Although we are saddened to make this decision, the safety of our members, vendors, entertainers, attendees, volunteers and staff is our number one priority. We look forward to celebrating this event with the community in an even bigger way in 2021.”  

Event organizers remain committed to holding an event in 2021 with preparations ramping up once the pandemic is declared over by public health officials.

The Downtown Milton Street Festival attracts over 90,000 attendees and features live entertainment, a vendor’s market, as well as local businesses and community organizations in Milton’s downtown core.

For more information about the Town’s response to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, please visit milton.ca/coronavirus.

- 30 -

For media inquiries, please contact: 

Tracy Hasselfeldt

Marketing & Communications Advisor

905-878-7252 x2196

media2020@milton.ca