Financial Assistance

Financial Assistance

Everyone plays in Milton.

The Town of Milton is pleased to offer financial assistance options, as we believe that all residents should have the opportunity to access recreational services.

The Town offers financial assistance for its recreation programs that are available to all residents of Milton, providing those who qualify with a credit of $200 per person per calendar year.

For additional information, please contact 905-878-7252 ext. 2440.

Frequently Asked Questions About Financial Assistance:

How do I qualify?

The selection process is based on a Council-approved Policy (Council Report COMS-005-19). Each application is individually reviewed including the number of individuals in your household and the combined household income. The Town of Milton follows the Low Income Cut-off as established by Statistics Canada as a general. 

What does my family low income cut-off have to be?

The following chart is established by Statistics Canada and is what staff use in determining whether a household income is above or below low income cut-off before tax:

Low Income Measure (2016) before tax for municipality between 100,000 and 499,999 population

Family Size









Gross Annual Income per Household

0 to


0 to


0 to


0 to


0 to


0 to


0 to


How much will I be approved for?
If eligible, each person listed on the application will be approved for $200 each. This can be used for any registered program offered by the Town. These funds can also be used to purchase a Town of Milton fitness passes or drop-in pass including Family/Group passes.
If my children are receiving support from Halton Region or Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Progam, do they qualify for assistance from Milton?
No, children cannot receive financial support from Halton Region and the Town of Milton. Any family members, such as parents, who are not receiving funds from the Region may still apply to the Town of Milton program.
Can I transfer my money to another person in my family?
No, funds cannot be transferred to other members of the household.
When will I know if I have been approved?
Once staff have received a complete application with proof of income, you will generally receive a response within 10 business days.
Do my funds ever expire?
Yes, you can use your funds until December 3, 2019.  After this date they will no longer be available.
Do I have to apply again for funds next year?
Yes, all applications submitted after November 29, 2019, will be reviewed as part of the 2020 program.

We would be happy to guide you through the application process or answer your questions and address any concerns you may have. Please reach out to the contact information provided to the left of this page.

Jump Start Canadian Tire Foundation Program (Community Sports):

The Milton Chapter of Jump Start has reached its capacity for funding at this time. Until further notice, the Town of Milton is unable to process any Jump Start applications. For updates on current available funds, visit

Families looking for support for hockey registrations are still able to apply through the Big Play program, which is a partnership between Jump Start and Hockey Canada. The online application for this program is available on the Jump Start website.

Additional Financial Assistance Resources:

Find out more on other organizations and groups that offer financial assistance opportunities.

Ontario Works & Ontario Disability Support Program
  • Provided by the Region of Halton


  • Children 12 years and under
  • Qualifying families who are currently receiving support from the Region of Halton


 Child Care Subsidy
  • Provided by the Region of Halton


  • Families whith children 12 years and under whose parents or guardian is working, training or attending school


  • Support is provided for registration fees and/or equipment
  • Submit your application at least 45 days before the start of program


  • Children and youth 18 years and under


 Subsidized Passes for Low Income Transit (SPLIT)
  • The SPLIT pass covers 50% or more of the cost of a monthly bus pass


  • Low income high school students, adults and seniors in Burlington, Milton and Oakville
  • First-come, first-served bases
  • Seniors must have proof of age to receive the seniors' fare


  • Phone: 311
  • Visit
    • Choose "Living in Halton"
    • Select "Social Assistance"
    • Choose "Subsidized passes for Low Income Transit"
    • Select "SPLIT Pass - FAQs"