By-law Enforcement

The Town of Milton Licensing & Enforcement Unit is responsible for the enforcement of municipal by-laws to ensure a safe, quiet and pleasant environment for all residents in the community.

Municipal Law Enforcement Officers investigate concerns such as noise complaints (e.g. barking dogs, loud music), property standards issues, littering/dumping, fences, portable signs, animal control and other matters concerning the Town of Milton by-laws.

Online FormMake an Inquiry or Complaint online

Alternate methods

  • In person at the Community Services Counter at Town Hall East, 150 Mary Street, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • By telephone at 905-878-7252, ext. 2137, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • For inquiries regarding animal control by-law enforcement, visit Animal Services.
  • For the enforcement of Parking by-laws, call 905-878-7252, ext. 2530.

The Municipal Law Enforcement Officer will require contact information (phone number, email/residential address) to follow-up on the concerns and commence his/her investigation.

For Immediate Assistance

If immediate assistance is needed outside of business hours, contact the Halton Regional Police Service at 905-878-5511. Please note that the Halton Regional Police Service responds to calls on a priority basis and response times for by-law related concerns may be delayed.

Complaints concerning loitering, trespassing, noise related to domestic disputes, vandalism, or other possible criminal activity should be directed to the Halton Regional Police Service.