The Town of Milton assigns a municipal address when a new construction application is submitted or when a new lot has been created. For corner lots, the address is determined by the street with driveway access. Canada Post assigns postal codes.

To receive regular house numbering updates, subscribe to Milton’s Municipal Addressing Updates e-newsletter.

Is my address urban or rural?

Contact us at 905-878-7252 x2398 to find out if your property is located in an urban or rural area. Please have your assessment roll number or PIN number and street name ready when you call. You can find your assessment roll number on your property tax bill or by contacting the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)

Home addresses in urban areas

If you purchased a new home and want to know your address, we recommend that you contact your builder. The builder is also responsible for putting up the house number.

Green municipal address signs in rural areas

If you own a home in a rural area, you are responsible for purchasing, putting up and maintaining a green address sign. These signs are mandatory at the entrance to your property so that emergency vehicles can clearly see your address.

You can purchase a green municipal address sign from any sign company that meets the green municipal address sign standards, set out in our municipal by-law.

Request a municipal address change

You must complete the Address Change Application Form and submit it online. If your application is approved, you’ll need to pay a Municipal Housing Number Change fee before your address is officially changed.

We can’t guarantee that your address can be changed. Addresses are created using a pre-determined sequence and pattern to ensure that there aren’t any duplicate addresses and that all addresses meet emergency service requirements.