Milton’s by-law enforcement officers are responsible for enforcing all municipal by-laws. They also investigate concerns related to by-law infractions. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Noise complaints
  • Property standards issues
  • Littering or dumping waste
  • Parking
  • Animal Services  

Submit a complaint

Alternate methods to file a complaint

You can file a by-law complaint in a variety of ways.

COVID-19 Service Interruptions: Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the services we provide in-person until further notice. Please report a problem online or use the online form to submit a by-law complaint. 

In person

Visit the Community Services Counter located in Town Hall at 150 Mary St. from Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm to file a by-law complaint in person. 

By phone

Call us at 905-878-7252 from Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm to make a by-law complaint over the phone.

If you’d like the by-law enforcement officer to follow up with you, you’ll need to provide your contact information. This includes your phone number, email address and residential address.

For immediate assistance

If you need immediate, emergency assistance outside of business hours, contact Halton Regional Police Service.